Turmeric or 'haldi', is one of India’s most widely used spices. Not only it is used to add colour and taste to our food but also as a cosmetic. It has also become a part of our rituals. One of the most important ceremonies of Indian weddings is the 'haldi' ceremony where a paste made of turmeric is applied to the bride and the groom’s body as part of their marriage preparations.
Turmeric has been used as beauty product over the centuries. Here are some properties of turmeric that you can use to cure seven common problems and get a flawless skin.
Signs of Ageing
Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of ageing. Take besan(gram flour) and turmeric powder in equal proportions and prepare a paste by adding water. You may alternately prepare this paste in raw milk or even yoghurt. Apply it evenly on your body and leave it till it dries off. Wash it off with lukewarm water and scrub your face gently in circular motion.
- You can use turmeric in combination with other ingredients to manage your wrinkle woes.
- Add raw milk and tomato juice to rice powder and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and let it stay until it dries. Lactic acid present in milk will help peel off the dead skin cells.
- You can add turmeric powder in buttermilk and sugarcane juice. This will work the best for dark circles and wrinkles.
- Turmeric-honey paste can be applied on the face and neck to help exfoliate skin and keep a check on pores.
- Not only does turmeric take care of the scars and inflammation but also reduce oil secretion by sebaceous glands.
- To prepare turmeric scrub, add a few drops of water and lemon juice to turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the acne affected area and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently scrub it off your face with plain water.
- You can also use turmeric and sandalwood mixture as an acne face pack and wash it off in approximately 10 minutes.
- For acne scars, dab a mixture of turmeric and plain water and leave it on the marks for 15 minutes.
To control oil secretion, prepare a paste of sandalwood powder and ground turmeric with orange juice. Leave the paste on your face for 10 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water.Stretch marks· Mixture of besan (gram flour) and turmeric in yoghurt/raw milk/water can help women lighten the stretch marks.Facial hair· Chickpea flour (sattu) or gram flour added to kasturi turmeric can be used as a facial scrub to inhibit hair growth. Be sure to apply this paste for about a month to notice results. Home remedies usually show results over a period of time upon consistent use.Cracked heels
· Apply a mixture of coconut oil/castor oil and turmeric powder on cracked heels preferably 15 minutes before you head to take a bath.
· In case you accidently burn your skin you can turn to turmeric for quick relief owing to its antiseptic properties. Prepare a mixture of turmeric and aloe vera gel. Apply it on the burn and notice how it heals the wound in no time.
- While cooking, sometimes we get burns, the best quick action would to apply a mix of turmeric powder and musturd oil,which are easily available at the kitchen itself. It cannot stop the burning effect but will not let a boil turning into black spot. Its an amazing tip,
- Turmeric powder with milk is good for health because it helps to remove couph and cold.
- Haldi added to milk reduces the side effects of antibiotics consumption and also soothes sour throat.
- Use turmeric for cancer treatment. 5 grams turmeric powder mix with lttle water and swallow empty stomach.after 1 hour take water. don' dilute with full water.evening and morning adviseable.